lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Compression of fields....

From: Muhammad Ashraf
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Compression of fields....
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:30:08 -0000

Hi

When you have negotiated the LCP with Address and Control field Compression
and Protocol field Compression options,
in the next phase like PAP.You will not include 0xFF03(Address and Control
field) in your packet but you have to include 0xC023 for PAP as protocol
field and similarly for IPCP phase you have to include 0x8021 for protocol
field.
Now when PPP Connection is Up, next time for  IP packet your Protocol field
will contain 0x0021 if you did not negotiated Protocol field compression but
as you have negotiated Protocol field Compression, your packet will only
have one byte for it having 0x21.So one byte has compressed.

hope this will help

ashraf