lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] architecture question

From: Peter Graf
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] architecture question
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:14:16 -0000

Hi Horst,

>Yes, I'm porting lwip to Motorola 68302 (big endian too).

Thanks. You probably have the nearest architecture to my own, which is uses
plain old 68000 code, running on >=68020. Would it be possible for you to
send me your lwipopts.h and compiler options (privately)? Thanks a lot.

>No SLIP but an interrupt driven SMCS ethernet controller 91C911.

So using SLIP might be part of my version 0.5 problems.

>I'm using to latest cvs-sources! TCP, UDP, ICMP, httpd - all works.

Great.

>I recommend using the _latest_ cvs-sources! In the past (since 0.4)
>there are some changes for big endian and checksum calculation.

I first used the >0.5 cvs-sources (same problem), but went back to the 0.5
release. I thought at least ICMP should work with that one.

>Caution with interrupt driven frame input! Avoid calling functions which
>are semaphore blocked -as netif->input()- directly from interrupt!

Yes, I already avoid this. Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Peter