lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: [lwip] zeroconf

From: Recker, John
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: [lwip] zeroconf
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:27:31 -0000

I use lwip in a device running TCP/IP over Bluetooth.
(Works pretty well, too!). The Bluetooth PAN (personal area
network) profile specifies that zeroconf is the mechanism
of choice for IPv4 address assignment on Bluetooth PAN
networks. It is also compatible with auto-IP, which
is supported on Microsoft platforms.

I personally think that the biggest future growth
opportunity for embedded devices running TCP/IP
is in ad-hoc networks as opposed to managed networks
with servers running DHCP.

I sure know that I don't like that I have to be a
system manager to keep my increasingly complex
networked environment running at home, and I'm sure
my Mom won't either! ;)

jr