lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] BSD socket library code and applications

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] BSD socket library code and applications
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:56:46 -0000

Hi!

I have just cleaned up the BSD socket library code for lwIP and put it into
the CVS. It can be obtained at the "Download" section of the lwIP homepage.
The file "sockets.c" in src/api/ implements the socket library.

Currently, the following functions are implemented: accept, bind, close,
connect, listen, recv, read, recvfrom, send, sendto, socket, and write. The
function names are all prefixed with lwip_ to prevent them from being mixed
up with the standard C library functions that may be avaliable on some
systems. If the name prefix is not wanted, a macro, LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS, can
be defined before #inclusion of the "lwip/sockets.h" file (see how this works
in the src/include/lwip/sockets.h).

The library has not been tested. I have, however, ported the udhcp DHCP
client using this socket library and it has found to be working.

By the way, I am planning to set up an "Applications" section on the lwIP
homepage. Has anybody written/ported any applications that they wish to
contribute back to the lwIP project?

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>