lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP 0.5.2 under heavy use

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP 0.5.2 under heavy use
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:57:04 -0000

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, James Roth wrote:
> I increased mem pool #8 so that it no longer runs out.
>
> Ok, I turned on stats.  For about the first 5600 hits, the stats for
> memp #4 look like this:
>
>     m->avail: 8
>     m->used: 2
>     m->max: 2
>     m->err: 0
>     m->reclaimed: 0
>
> Then, suddenly:
>
>    m->avail: 8
>    m->used: 7
>    m->max: 8
>    m->err: 3
>    m->reclaimed: 0
>
> and boom.   It never recovers.  This always happens about 700 seconds
> after booting.  A sudden increase of 2 or less m->used to more than 8.
>  Hmmm....

Perhaps the application has just opened a large number of listening
connections?

However, the m->err: 3 suggests there is something wrong somewhere.  If
you could work out what was causing these errors you'll probably find your
problem.  Should be reasonably easy to track down if you're able to use
some of the tracing (and turning on tracing doesn't make the error
evaporate!)

Kieran