lwip-users

[lwip-users] [lwip] congestion window problem

From: Mumtaz Ahmad
Subject: [lwip-users] [lwip] congestion window problem
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:48:39 -0000

Hi Guys

I am experiencing a strange trouble while testing TCP bulk data transfer to
linux server . When i keep negles algorithm turned on then some times my
congestion window goes down to as low as 31 which never goes up .This causes
a deadlcok and both systems keep on waiting with no communication involved
.I have seen that there are no retransmissions during this tranfer. When i
remove negles algo the system behaves perfect  with bigger send window .With
smaller window like 2048 i do experience this problem though with less
frequency.  I think even in worst cases congestion window should not go down
below 1 TCP MSS but i am emperiencing congestion window going very low . Any
comments or suggestion in this regard ?
I am also looking into this matter

Regards
Mumtaz Ahmad