lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Platforms, applications, uses

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Platforms, applications, uses
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:14:21 -0000

Hello Adam,

we are planning to replace our current UDP, IP, ARP and ICMP "stack"
with lwIP. Simply because we want TCP, and it seems to be able to
merge with our stand alone application without major rewrites.

Simply put, adding TCP to our stack would probably mean:
1) more work
2) less eyes to keep an eye on the code

The stack is used for remote control of studio broadcast
equipment using the Infineon "CI166RI" microcontroller along
with the Crystal Semiconductor "CS8900A" ethernet chip.

Once we've got the lwIP TCP part integrated and DHCP ported,
some web based control will be added.

I'll be porting back my cs8900 device driver (done), my DHCP client
(next), and maybe some ARP stuff.

Leon Woestenberg

Axon Digital Design
Phone: +31 13 511 6666
Fax: +31 13 511 4151
web: www.axon.tv

=====================================================================================================

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is
addressed. Axon Digital Design Group is neither liable for the proper nor
for the complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Axon Digital Design Group
does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or
interference. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or
copying this message is strictly prohibited. In that case please return the
communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies. In carrying
out its engagements, Axon Digital Design Group applies general terms and
conditions, which contain a clause that limits its liability. A copy of
these terms and conditions is available on request free of charge.