lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP with Universal TUN device?

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] lwIP with Universal TUN device?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:59:27 -0000

Hi Joe!

> About six months ago I had a need to use lwIP on a Solaris 2.6 box.  At
> the time I only succeeded in getting it working with Linux and on a
> FreeBSD box, but I'd started adapting it to work with the Universal TUN
> interface.  I've since changed jobs twice and the code is
> (unfortunately) long gone, but I'd like to start it again if nobody has
> already done such a thing.  I skimmed the changelog for v0.4.1 and
> didn't see any mention of it, but I thought I should check with the
> newly-formed mailing list (yay!) to see if I'd be duplicating anyone's
> efforts.

We have been discussing just that the last few days, you seem to have joined
just a few mails later ;-). Welcome, by the way.

with the message body

get lwip archive.200110

Where 200110 is the month (YYYYMM). Anybody know of some good software for
putting the list archives online?

Anyway, the universal tun/tap driver is apparently included in Linux 2.4.
Personally I don't have access to any Linux machine, but there are others on
this list who have had some success with it (right?).

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam