lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Is CS8900A the best network card for embedded w

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Is CS8900A the best network card for embedded web servers?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:52:01 -0000

Hi!

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 02.09, manolo ortegita wrote:
> I want to know if the network car CS8900A is the best Ethernet controller
> for a embedded web server, because of this card see many information and
> aplications on Internet, or that other good alternatives exist?

Since I only have used the CS8900a myself, I'm not really qualified to answer
this question, but I know that there is a RealTek chip that should be good as
well.

> Other question, How many flash memory size I need for to implement the lwip
> stack in one microcontroller, I can to implement the lwIp Stack without UDP
> and ICMP?

It depends on what type of microcontroller you are using, but probably
somewhere around 20k. If you need something smaller, go for uIP which should
fit in 4k or so.

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>