lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: Status on CVS on my behalf (Was Re: [lwip] Ping)

From: Scott Robinson
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: Status on CVS on my behalf (Was Re: [lwip] Ping)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:48:12 -0000

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

SourceForge is up now and I'm synched to it. Can I submit patches or should
I continue holding off?

Scott.

* Leon Woestenberg translated into ASCII [Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 02:03:24PM +=
0200][<address@hidden>]
> Hello Adam and audience,
>=20
> status on "neutral" place CVS on my behalf:
>=20
> I copied the modified BSD license to the letter, changed the copyright ye=
ars
> reflect 2002 as well in order to register at savannah (awaiting
> confirmation).
> I have imported the files to Sourceforge. Why? A breakdown of history:
>=20
> A few weeks ago I have tried to add the project as-is (i.e. your CVS
> archive) to
> savannah two times:
>=20
> 1) Chose the BSD license
> It was rejected. They said "your license looks more like the modified BSD
> license".
>=20
> 2). Chose the modified BSD license.
> It was rejected. They said "You have to modify the license to match the
> modified BSD license".
>=20
> I totally agree with Adam that the license reads like the modified BSD
> license, with
> the exception that "contributors" are mentioned in clause 3 not to use th=
eir
> own name to
> endorse/market/whatever the product. I think savannah falls on that...
>=20
> I have asked Adam whether changing the license a bit was allowed and Adam
> agreed on that;
> I have since registered the project at savannah again (takes 2 days says
> experience) using a
> to-the-letter-modified-BSD-license and imported this into sourceforge.net
> already.
>=20
> > After inspecting the license stuff at both sites, I don't think that the
> > current lwIP license is a problem. The reference to the "modified BSD
> > license" actually means the current lwIP license. The unmodified BSD
> > license is the 4-clause license that includes the "advertisment clause".
> > So I think we are OK.
> >
> Savannah thinks not.
>=20
> /QUOTE:
> We will not hosts projects licensed under non-GPL compatible
> license. Maybe you forgot to update your license file in your
> tarball but you agreed to switch to the modified BSD.
>=20
> If so, please resubmit (sorry) with a statement about it and hopefully
> a tarball updated :)
>=20
> Sorry for the delay,
> /UNQUOTE
>=20
> >  I have already set up an lwIP project at Sourceforge, but we can easily
> > drop out if we choose to go for Savannah. Leon is in the process of
> > registering the project as Savannah.
> >
> > What do you think? I am more inclined towards Savannah right now.

> [...]

--=20
http://quadhome.com/           - Personal webpage
tranzoa.net                    - Firewall

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--