lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Patch for PaulOS + crash fixes

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Patch for PaulOS + crash fixes
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:36:05 -0000

Hi Paul!

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 17.56, you wrote:
> This patch fixes a couple of important crashes
> that I came acress, as well as adding support for PaulOS.
>
> PaulOS has its own socket layer which plugs into the
> lwip callbacks, and supports POSIX operations like
> ioctl, etc.
>
> Note that it has taken many days to find these bugs,
> and I had to use MAD (mem. alloc. debugger) from the
> GNU midnight commander. PaulOS has its own internal
> memory allocation functions which get called instead
> of the lwip ones. I now believe that lwip is rock
> solid for serving web pages.

Thanks! I have gone through your patches, and most of them seem to be PaulOS
specific and as such won't be included in the main lwIP tree. Is the patch to
tcp_input.c the only lwIP-specific patch?

I can understand that the tcp_input.c bug was hard to spot... :-)

/adam
--
Adam Dunkels <address@hidden>
http://www.sics.se/~adam