lwip-users

[lwip-users] Upgrading to 0.6.2

From: Robert
Subject: [lwip-users] Upgrading to 0.6.2
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:04:00 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to upgrade my port to version 0.6.2 and I am running into some
problems with headers files.  For example, when compiling dhcp.c

the file netif.h is included by dhcp.c partly to provide the definition of
"struct netif" which is needed by hdcp.h.  However netif.h also includes
dhcp.h which then puts the dhcp.h lines before the "meat"  of the netif.h
lines in the compile stream.  This seems to make my compiler unhappy, I am
guessing because it does not have the definition of "struct netif" for the
function prototypes in dhcp.h.

If I remove the #include "lwip/dhcp.h" from netif.h, then dhcp.c will
compile successfully.  But if I leave that #include in, I get many errors.

1)  Is my compiler lame that it cannot handle a "deferred" definition of
struct netif?  I am assuming others are not getting the compile errors
messages I am getting.

2) And how does one generally deal with circular references in h files.
IE file1.h depends on defines in file2.h and file2.h depends on defines in
file1.h?

--
Best Regards,
Robert