lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] multi-threaded environment

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] multi-threaded environment
Date: 22 Mar 2004 10:35:20 +0000

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 10:22, Peter Graf wrote:

> As you mention task initialization (which is quite unproblematic) I'd
> like to point to the more complicated (clean) removal of tasks from lwIP
> usage. This issue hasn't been given much (any?) attention, probably
> because embedded multitasking systems tend to create tasks only once and
> then never remove them. Are there any plans to standardize task removal,
> or is it not of general interest? (I have always been postponing to
> implement it, but someday I'll surely need it.)

That's an interesting one, and I think you're right in that it's not
been given much thought.  However, I can't think of anything that would
be particularly problematic.  I use lwIP as a shared library, so each
process has separate state (effectively its own stack), and when a
process that uses lwIP quits, everything is automatically cleared up.
Are you using lwIP as a separate process to the application (i.e. many
tasks using a single lwIP stack)?

Kieran