lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] multi-threaded environment

From: kuwa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] multi-threaded environment
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:54:30 +0900 (LMT)

Hi Tom and everyone,

From: "Tom C. Barker" <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:05:42 -0800

> Additionally, I find no samples of where to init the DHCP timers.

In my experience, I found Jani's mail:
        http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-members/2002-11/msg00035.html

With reference to the above post, I wrote DHCP timer initialization
and DHCP starting code as following mail:
        http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2004-02/msg00013.html

But I noticed lwIP is not multi-threaded safe (Thank you Leon),
I replaced DHCP timer initialization and DHCP starting code to as
following:
        http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2004-03/msg00097.html

In my system, application task does not directly call sys_timeout()
for DHCP timers and dhcp_start() but call api_dhcp_start(), defined in
the above mail.  Yes, I actually think some part of lwIP (e.g. API)
are mutli-threaded safe.

If anyone has comments on my solution/workaround, would you mind
telling me?  Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Shuji Kuwahara