lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] performance

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] performance
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:44 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 20:32, Stéphane Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your replies about the robustness of lwip, it's really
> appreciated.
> I've got one more question regarding the stack as a whole,
>
> has anybody tried to use it on a Gigabit Ethernet link? And if not any
> thoughts
> on how it may perform?

Maybe some of the eCos people have. They tend to run the faster 32-bit
processors, of which some may be hooked up to a gigabit Ethernet PHY
over PCI.

(I think the major part of what determines the performance on such
configurations is the device driver and processor plus bus, not so much
lwIP itself. (Although our TCP stack may not scale to very low network
round-trip latencies, not sure there).

Although lwIP will probably not match the big BSD stacks in performance
numbers, but this is just my guess.)

At least, also try asking on the eCos list would be my best advice here.

Regards,

Leon.