lwip-users

[lwip-users] Basics LWIP, PPP and GPRS

From: Lasse Madsen
Subject: [lwip-users] Basics LWIP, PPP and GPRS
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:44:44 +0200

Hi all.

Just a couple of simple questions

1.
Does LwIP include PPP code (I have read that alot of people use their own) but I was just curious if its possible to connect a ME35 (Siemens GPRS modem terminal) to my microcontroller install LwIP and have it connect to GRPS and for instance open a TCP socket to (for instance) a Time server and read the time.

2.
How many simultanious sockets can be opened with LwIP ? does both TCP and UDP work ?

3.
Has anyone tried implenting LwIP to an Atmel AVR and maybe has some example code for PPP/TCPIP?

4.
Im about to design some new hardware for a board using a GPRS modem i have onboard on my Philips ARM 128KB flash and about 16KB SRAM
I was thinking of adding alot more SRAM what is recommended if i would want some sockets etc. ? (read: what do you guys run LwIP on?)

5.
Does LwIP include HTTP services ?

6.
Does LwIP support both Listening and "Server" sockets ?

Sorry for the "newbie" questions around LwIP but I think its such a great consept you are basing it on (GPL) and I hope to contribue at some point :-)

Best regards
Lasse Madsen