lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TFTP client on lwip - Help needed

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TFTP client on lwip - Help needed
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:14:15 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Durgaprasad Chivukula wrote:

Hi ,

I am  planning to write tftp (Trivial file transfer protocol ) client
on lwip . I have some exclusive free source  for tftp client , but do
not know how to adopt the code  to run it on lwip . I mean to say,
what changes do I need to make in the tftp code, so that this can
communicate with lwip to send and receive files.

Most probably no changes will be required. You just tell tftp to use the unix library, and it should use lwip instead of the normal OS network stack. How you do this on your particular OS, I'm not sure, but you can do it on linux using the LD_PRELOAD environment variable.

I would be thankful to any kind of suggestions.

Before you try tftp, make sure you can compile and run the example programs in the contrib CVS module's unix port, and compile the library in the same place.

Kieran