lwip-users

[lwip-users] v.23 half duplex with ppp

From: Pedro Alves
Subject: [lwip-users] v.23 half duplex with ppp
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:24:21 +0100

Hi all!

I tried looking everywhere, but can't get an answer for this.

I have this project here that has a CML CMX860 modem that supports only v.23 and bell 802.

I can connect to an ISP on v.23 full duplex mode, but that leaves me with 1200/75 bps. Thats 75 bps upload, on a project whoose perpose is to upload.

Is there any change to use v.23 half-duplex 1200/1200 with ppp? I have no control of the ISP side, of course. I thought that there could be a standard protocol, or flow control, or whatever that could be used to decide when to switch high-band/low-band, that I could implement on my driver.

Sorry for posting this here. I know it is off topic.
But I am getting desparate.
I must decide today if we are going to ditch the cmx860 or not.

By the way,
Is there a place with modem drivers examples that use lwip?

Many thanks,

Pedro Alves