lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RTSP / RTP data streaming

From: Trond Kortner
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RTSP / RTP data streaming
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:06:35 +0100

Hi Kieran

The non persistant TCP / IP stack that I have used earlier is one from Xilinx. It is called Xilnet, it closes the connection between each data exchange and has no timer functionality. It works just fine for simple web server applications.

My problem is solved, I messed up a parameter in my transmit part of the code that made my receive application skip new input, my fault (not the first - and sure not the last).

Thanks for the effort anyway.

With Regards,
Trond Kortner
R&D Engineer
Hydroacoustics
Kongsberg Maritime AS
Horten

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

11.01.2006 10:20

Please respond to
Mailing list for lwIP users <address@hidden>

cc
Subject

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 09:23 +0100, Trond Kortner wrote:

> By persistent TCP I mean that the connection is kept open until closed
> by the user, and not closed between each data exchange (which the
> realy old and / or simple versions of TCP did).

Interesting - do you have a reference for this?  I'd be interested in
reading about it.  I wasn't aware that TCP ever had that property.

> The dump below shows what is happening when I use the QuickTime media
> player to start a RTP transfer by means of the RTSP protocol:
> My application receive a DESCRIBE from the media player via the lwIP
> stack, I respond with a REPLY. Then the media player issues a SETUP,
> but the lwIP stack does not pass this data through to my application,
> it just returns a TCP ACK on its own and then times out.

That sounds like a different problem to the persistent connection one.
>From the trace you give the connection does not appear to be closed
after the transfer.  As to why you're not getting data passed through to
the application, I'm not sure.  Which API are you using?  If you can
provide a code snippet of your receive path someone who is more familiar
with the APIs than I am may be able to help.

Kieran