lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Bug in pbuf.c regarding PBUF_POOL

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Bug in pbuf.c regarding PBUF_POOL
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:07:27 +0200

Hi,

I was just about to submit the patch for using a semaphore, when I
discovered another problem with this. Due to the implementation of
timeouts in lwIP, things can lead to a lockup since sys_sem_wait() may
execute the timeout procedures first.

For me this lead to calling tcp_tmr() when calling pbuf_free() in the
network driver. Problem is that tcp_tmr() calls my netif->output() which
locks itself for exclusive access to the device...

Soooo... I don't currently see a solution for this. Maybe I spend some
time thinking about it...

Simon