lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP connect timeout?

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP connect timeout?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:23:30 +0100

Hi group,

I use lwip 1.2.0 at BSD layer. If I try to do a TCP connect to an "unplugged"
IP device from my lwip platform, I block my socket too long. Is there some
features or opts.h values to use to reduce this timeout?

In tcp.c, I found :

    if (pcb->state == SYN_SENT && pcb->nrtx == TCP_SYNMAXRTX) {
      ++pcb_remove;
      LWIP_DEBUGF(TCP_DEBUG, ("tcp_slowtmr: max SYN retries reached\n"));
    }

So, is the connection timeout equal to TCP_SYNMAXRTX * tcp_slowtmr "period" ?

Is reduce TCP_SYNMAXRTX the good way to reduce the TCP connect timeout?

Thank you for your informations...

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique