lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] detect IP/UDP destination address

From: beach . dk
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] detect IP/UDP destination address
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:17:58 +0100

On 12/18/06, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 10:54 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up an UDP-server using the raw API
>
>     upcb= udp_new();
>     udp_recv( upcb, callback_recv, get_nic_netif() );
>     udp_bind( upcb, IP_ADDR_ANY, 1234 );
>
> In my callback_recv function I can see the IP address of the UDP-client
> so I can reply to it.
>
> But........ I would like to detect if the client sent the incoming UDP
> packet using unicast or broadcast (so I can respond with a
> corresponding unicats/broacast packet).
>
> Is this possible?

Someone may correct me, as I'm not sure about this, but
unicast/broadcast is a rather Ethernet specific concept, and so I'd be
surprised if it was visible at the higher layers as these have to
interoperate on many different physical networks.

Kieran

Maybe I was a bit careless with my vocabulary if unicast/broadcast is
only related to the ethernet layer.
It's the destination adress at the IP-layer (not ethernet layer) I'm
interested in.

/Beach/