lwip-users

[lwip-users] Port to 8086 Architecture.

From: Robert Morse
Subject: [lwip-users] Port to 8086 Architecture.
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:46:13 -0500

Hi,
I am new to the LWIP, and trying to get things going on a Turbo186 processor. (i.e. a 8086 processor with a larger memory space.) I have a new driver going for the AM79C760 ethernet chip, and that looks ok. On a network with just a computer and the UUT, I can ping all day and no problems. Now, connect to a network with a lot of traffic and the unit crashes. It looks like it is random, and looks like memory
corruption problems.

I am getting a lot of :

pbuf_header: failed as 024e000e < 024d0100 (not enough space for new header size) (the actual address would be 0024e0e and 0024e00, which would be false for the above
test.)

Then I see where the IP header:... starts to give bad src/dst and other errors, then
the system crashes and reboots.

I guess my question after all this, has anyone ported lwip to a 8086 processor.

Robert