lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] using differnet protocols parallel

From: Marcel M.
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] using differnet protocols parallel
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:26:22 +0100

> Both options can be possible. You can dedicate each connection a task,
> or use one task for all.

Then i prefer a own task for each connection(port).

> I see that FreeRTOS STR912 port
> uses uIP(not LWiP). This may cause some problems
> because you have to provide your sys_arch implementation in this case.

Which lwIP files must be ported for the STR912 system? For the STR912 i have
got a complete ethernet library from ST.

> I used only LWiP raw and netconn_api layers.

Isn't the socket-API easier to use? Just listen, bind and accept in each
Task!? Or must i use semaphores too? Are there any restrictions if i use
lwIP-socket functions?

> I'm succesfully binding 2 ports and using connections at the same time,I
> think you can do more easily.

You used semaphores to make lwIP threadsafe? Right?

Regards
Marcel