lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] small change in tcp/ip initialization

From: Dmitry Potapov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] small change in tcp/ip initialization
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:01:16 +0300

Hi Simon,

 My idea was to move the calls to ip_/udp_/tcp_init() from tcpip_thread() to
tcpip_init(). Any objections?

I fully agree with you, the current initialization caused problems for me too.

The only plausible reason for having ip_init() inside of tcpip_thread()
would be that it could use sys_timeout, but because start of ip_timer
is not encapsulated in ip_init(), I don't think it could be any objection
to your proposal.

I also suggest to change the prototype the tcpip_init function:
void tcpip_init(void);
because there is no need anymore to wait for initialization to be done.

Dmitry