lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] small change in tcp/ip initialization

From: Taranowski, Thomas \(SWCOE\)
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] small change in tcp/ip initialization
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 06:04:51 -0600

I think we should remove the parameters if they're not needed, even if
it breaks current ports.  We've already sort of passed the
break-the-port barrier with the lwip_socket_init, which requires user
apps to change.

Having unused arguments and return value feels too much like legacy code
for my comfort.  New folks looking to port the source will likely waste
time trying to figure out what the heck the unused arguments are for.
Furthermore, the confusion deepens when going to google to look for
implementation hints, and finding older ports that actually use the
values.

On