lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4

From: Taranowski, Thomas \(SWCOE\)
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:28:25 -0600

3 seconds in ip_input seems really excessive, and points to a race
condition of some sort, in my mind. For example, I'm using at MOST 1.5ms
per received packet, and this includes a bunch of other random
operations at the moment.

Do you have an idea of what sort of protocol is being received? For
example, are you receiving a UDP datagram, or ICMP packet when it stalls
like this?  It sounds like it could be an issue with having the #defines
in lwipopts.h being set really conservatively, with respect to memory
usage, as it has been in our past releases.

On
> Behalf Of Roger W. Cover
> Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 9:38 AM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4
>
> Greetings all,
>
> I am using the callback (single-threaded) functions in lwIP version
0.6.3
> on
> a Power PC 405 processor in a Xilinx Virtex4FX FPGA. I am using the
built-
> in
> MAC and a 10/100/1000 external PHY. I have noticed some issues with
the
> stack:
>
> Time to Live is not decremented by lwIP when it echoes an ICMP packet.
> This
> is a minor issue, but I thought the developers should be aware of it.
>
> err_t ip_input(struct pbuf *p, struct netif *inp) - stays busy for
over 3
> seconds at times. This causes the watchdog timer to reset my system.
In