lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP message merging fault

From: Çağlar AKYÜZ
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP message merging fault
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:40:35 +0200

Hi,

First of all forgive me if I'm asking something so fundamental but I can't find any remedy to my problem. Besides, I have no idea what's going on.

I'm running lwIP on my custom Arm7 board successfully for a while. Until now I used UDP(it's working quite well), but I want to implement TCP functionlity as well. I write my TCP code (actually I'm using one of the examples presented in this list before) using raw api. I can successfully send large packets ( ~ 1k) but small packets(~ 30 bytes) are merged into one packet. For example, When I send "Read" and "Write" messages, they're delivered as "ReadWrite".

I'm not sure that this is fault of lwIP stack! Because I see the same behaviour when I send messages from my linux box also. I don't know what kind of an error I'm making can cause this
kind of strange behaviour.

Should I play with my lwIP options or should I review my linux network programming knowledge? Moreover, can I investigate this problem using Ethereal?

Thanks for your valuable comments.
Çağlar AKYÜZ