lwip-users

[lwip-users] netconn_recv blocking forever

From: Mateusz Plocinski
Subject: [lwip-users] netconn_recv blocking forever
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:27:05 +0100

Hi,
I'm using an ARM7 FreeRTOS port of lwip. I'm trying to implement a
thread which waits for data from PC using netconn_recv. Everything
works fine in most situations (for week or longer without any
problems), but when I disconnect network cable or PC simply hangs up
without closing a connection, my lwip socket thread still sits in
netconn_recv function.

Is there any way to check if connection isnt dead while thread is
blocked in netconn_recv? I need to know in few seconds if I should
close connection because I need to quickly restart connection to my
ARM hardware (and I have only on thread so I cant open more sockets to
wait for connection).

Please help.
Mateusz Plocinski