lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] netconn_recv blocking forever

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] netconn_recv blocking forever
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:28:07 +0100

Hi,

> Hi, thanks for fast answer.
> Of course I could do as you said but my problem is that
> thread is blocked in netconn_recv so I cant do anything while
> waiting for data.
> I dont want to use raw api or to go deeper into the stack (it
> would take me too much time... and my whole application is
> written using netconn socket api).

Netconn API or socket API? If you use socket API, you can wait for data
using lwip_select(). That way you can wait e.g. ten seconds and return
an error if select tells you it didn't receive something. Don't ask me
about correct usage of select though, I've only used it once in my life
so far, and that was years ago...

Simon