lwip-users

[lwip-users] newbie to lWIP. Need your help in printfs

From: Raghunath Santhanam
Subject: [lwip-users] newbie to lWIP. Need your help in printfs
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 19:20:11 +0530

Hi,
I have a basic doubt.
I have started using lwIP stack on LPC2378 board.
I am using amontec JTAG for debugging which is connected to USB port of a PC.
The stack is working fine and I didnt face any problems with that.
I am able to give breakpoints and check for the stack values.

My query is where the prints will be displayed.
There is a LWIP_DEBUGF () function which takes the debug message type as the first argument and the remaining arguments same as printf arguments.
This in turn calls (after some condition checks, which are satisfied for my case) LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG which is just #defined (but not to any)

#define LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG (x)

I came to know this has to be set based on the platform.
For my platform to what it has to be set.

I perform the following to run the stack
1) in one command window, ran openOCD. It started with the usual warning message.
2) in another command window, i ran arm-elf-insight. It opened me the debugger.
3) When i clicked the run button, it started working (LEDs were blinking and was able to get the sample webpage)
This is without any printfs and LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG just defined (without setting it)

When i called a printf statement in http_init, nothing was working in the sense i didnt even see any DHCP messages.
Is printf blocking ?

can anyone suggest me a solution to overcome this problem ?

Awaiting for the reply,

Regards
Raghunath S