lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] Adding more applications and protocols

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] Adding more applications and protocols
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:34:23 +0100

Hi,

I don't know your port, but there is two possibilities :

- your sys_arch_timeouts is able to create directly the timeouts list for the calling thread: in this case, you can use any function to create your thread.

- your sys_arch_timeouts can't do it, and will returns NULL for a thread which is not create by sys_new_thread: you can create your thread will any function IF you don't use directly or indirectly any sys_timeout()/sys_untimeout() calls in this thread context. Indirect calls can be sys_mssleep() & lwip_select()/select(), In others cases, or if you're not sure, you HAVE to use sys_new_thread.

If you have to implement your own sys_arch, perhaps a simple table (static or dynamic) indexed by any threadID is a good solution to implement sys_arch_timeouts(). In some OS, but I don't know FreeRTOS, it's possible to have a "Thread Local Storage". If you get a such possibility, you can use it.

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional