lwip-users

Re: Fw: [lwip-users] Dropped Packets on PC receiver with lwip1.1.0Transm

From: Paul Butler
Subject: Re: Fw: [lwip-users] Dropped Packets on PC receiver with lwip1.1.0Transmitter
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:02:05 -0500

Kieran,

I've had it pointed out to me this morning that the ignored packets in the
log file I sent you have the wrong MAC address!  You can confirm this by
looking at segments 49 and 50: note that although the destination IP is
still 192.168.16.36 (which is correct), the MAC address changes from
00:06:1b:c5:d5:06 (correct) to 00:10:24:28:d5:06 (incorrect).  Presumably,
the receiver looks at the MAC address and discards the segment.  In this
case, the transmitter retransmits at segment 55 using the correct MAC
address and the system recovers.  Later in the same file, segments 133 and
134 are sent to the same incorrect MAC address, but the retransmissions at
segments 151, 153, 155, and 157 are sent to a new incorrect MAC address
(00:11:43:ea:d5:06).  This explains several of the symptoms I have been
seeing.

Can you think of a reason the destination MAC address would be getting
corrupted?   There are ARP segments in the logfile, and presumably more
before I started capturing, but none immediately preceding the corrupted
packets.  Given that several identical segments are sent, I have a hard time
believing this is introduced on the wire.

Regards,
Paul