lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip dead when my board was pluged in ethernet hub

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip dead when my board was pluged in ethernet hub
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:02:00 +0100

PAUL.YU 喻浦軒 wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My board is connected to ethernet hub , and other PCs are connected to
> this hub , too .
>
> The lwip will die when other PCs access the network (like ftp , http .
> Not access this board , just access internet ).
>
> But lwip will not die when it connected to layer 2 switch .

If this is really the case, then what makes it die would be seeing traffic
not destined for itself (whether unicast or broadcast). While it's not
particularly desirable that lwIP might die in that situation (I don't know
whether it does or not), it points to a problem not in lwIP itself, but in
the underlying ethernet driver. It should not be passing packets to lwIP
that are not destined for it. Perhaps it has accidentally put the card in
promiscuous mode.

Jifl