lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Who is the expert in "RTP fragment" related issue

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Who is the expert in "RTP fragment" related issue
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:53:32 +0200

> Hi,
>       Currently we are working on the RTP based streaming on
> BF533 EZKIT LITE board for a simple video streaming application.
> In that we are able to receive all packets except fragmented
> packets through lwip ip stack. As most of the video packets
> are of larger size(1500 bytes) fragmented packets becomes mandatory.
>
> Is there any way to handle fragmented packets in lwip stack?

Have you set IP_REASS (reassemble fragmented packets, and maybe
also IP_FRAG -> send fragmented packets) to 1 to enable the IP
fragmentation code in lwIP?
There is currently a limitation to one received fragmented IP frame,
which means as long as this is in progress of being reassembled, all
fragments of other IP frames will be thrown away. That's under
development and will soon be solved in CVS HEAD.

> Actually we are losing packets.

That could be a problem of the limitation to one IP packet
as described above.

> Please suggest us a solution.

Hope that helps.

Simon