lwip-users

[lwip-users] Strange behavior with sockets.

From: hans . ronnback
Subject: [lwip-users] Strange behavior with sockets.
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:01:17 +0200

Hello!

I'm having a rather strange behavior when using sockets.
One thread that does all kind of intializations is used to setup a listening socket. The thread never reference this socket after the initialization is complete.
Another thread is then started to handle incomming connections/traffic on the listening socket. However, upon calling lwip_accept() something odd is happening.
LWIP first completes the SYN/SYN,ACK sequence, but then follow up with a FIN,ACK, causing the connection to close.

Client is a Win32 machine.. The Server side is running LwIP.
This is the packet sequence:

Client     Server
SYN ->
     <- SYN, ACK
ACK ->
     <- FIN, ACK

Am I missing something, or is the problem related to the fact that the listening socket is initialized by another thread?`

//Hans