lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] tcp segmentation & socket API semantics

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] tcp segmentation & socket API semantics
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:11:45 +0100

> In lwIP 1.2.0, I see the following behavior:
>
> If lwip_write (blocking call) is called with a buffer that needs to be
segmented, then the function returns when the > first segment is
acknowledged rather than waiting for all the segments to be
acknowledged.

This might be the case in your application, but the normal behaviour for
lwip_write is to block until all data has been sent, not waiting for any
acks.

> I see a number of changes in this area in the 1.3.0pre source code.

These are bug fixes (I think close() didn't wait for all data to be sent
or something).

Simon