lwip-users

RE: RE : [lwip-users] IPv6 support in lwIP

From: Grubb, Jared
Subject: RE: RE : [lwip-users] IPv6 support in lwIP
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:38:31 -0700

The lack of IPv6 is the main reason we decided not to use lwIP on our project
(also, our embedded project is entirely C++, and we didn't want to write
wrappers). The 'experimental' code is (as I remember) just replacing "IP4" with
"IP6" and changing the address sizes.

IPv6 has some major architectural differences (like multiple IP addresses and
"zones" per network interface, as well as multicast group memberships) that
make porting lwIP more than a trivial matter.

Jared