lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Hello to mailinglist

From: Francois Bouchard
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:16:19 -0500

What exactly is zero-copy rx/tx?
----- Original Message -----
From: Piero 74
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Hello to mailinglist

I suppose I can post it as a patch on savannah. I forgot, I also
developed a driver for the on-chip FEC+PHY of FreeScale's MCF5223x. It
does zero-copy receive. I'll post it as well,

please notify me after post... i want to see your implementation for zero-copy
as you know we had some discussions in mailing list regarding zero-copy rx and also zero-copy tx

But filtering IP
addresses and ports in the driver would be straightforward, wouldn't
it? Just match the appropriate fields from IP header against the
whitelist.

yes, i know... i also suppose is simple...
but i wanted to know if other people has developed a similar feature...
i know that is not a robust protection against hacking attack, but it could mitagate them,
and it could be an interesting feature for the marketing (just label on the box: "built-in firewall")

thanks for your reply
bye
Piero