lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netbuf_data() netconnwrite() problem

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netbuf_data() netconnwrite() problem
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:22:40 +0100

Francois Bouchard wrote:
Ok, I think that the cast is the good thing to do (I got exemple that does that). But that does'nt fix my problem. The client application sends 10 unsigned short, then the server is supposed to send back the 10 u16_t var, but it retransmits half of the data. The length of the pBuf is 10; but is it 10 octets? If so that is why I get half of my data back. Hope it's not confusing
It is, a little. But with the pbuf length you are right: both p->len and p->tot_len are byte counters. When sending 10 ushorts, you have to set the size of data to send to the correct amount.

E.g. when sending an array: tcp_write(.., (void*)ushort_array, 10*sizeof(ushort), ...)

or when executing 10 individual writes: tcp_write(.., (void*)an_ushort, sizeof(ushort), ...)

Simon