lwip-users

[lwip-users] Using MEM_LIBC_MALLOC == 1 in an OS

From: Edward Harris
Subject: [lwip-users] Using MEM_LIBC_MALLOC == 1 in an OS
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:02:49 -0000

Hello all.

I have just spotted a possible issue in the LwIP port that I am working
with under an OS (FreeRTOS).

The issue is that I have set MEM_LIBC_MALLOC = 1, to use the standard C
malloc() and free(), however as I'm using an OS, should I redirect the
mem_xxx() macros to the OS protected versions?

Also, can someone clarify the use of SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT, should I have
it set to 1?

Thanks,

Edward Harris
Cyan Technology