lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Using MEM_LIBC_MALLOC == 1 in an OS

From: FreeRTOS.org Info
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Using MEM_LIBC_MALLOC == 1 in an OS
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:39:13 -0000

This does not answer the question directly, but in FreeRTOS if you include
heap_3.c in your project then the FreeRTOS heap calls just use the standard
malloc too - but protected by a critical region (actually a scheduler lock
so interrupts remain enabled).  It would then seem to make sense for the
lwIP calls to use the same functions.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/Documentation
New FreeRTOS eBook - learn how to use an RTOS.