lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] link down and netconn problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] link down and netconn problem
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:55:59 +0200

> I hadn't considered getting rid of them altogether, but you make a good
> case for it.  Interestingly, CVS says you added the ERR_IS_FATAL macro
> so if you don't understand what they're for, I'm guessing that no one
> does!

That was after a discussion with Frédéric, who did not agree that no errors are
fatal. I think before that, we did not have non-fatal errors at all (meaning
there were checkes for conn->err == ERR_OK at some places) and as I did not
convince him, we added the 'fatal' check as a consensus. However, I'm still not
totally satisfied with this solution...

Simon