lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP problem

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP problem
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:04:06 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
Yep, this is the case: the silly window avoidance means we update the
advertised window only when it increases by at least one MSS.
But is that really what we want (an bug free)? If so, we would really need a compile-time check that TCP_WND is at least 2*TCP_MSS (or only greater than TCP_MSS?) to prevent problems: If, in Jan's case, the remote side was lwIP, too, the connection would stall as the window would never reopen because the remote side wouldn't be able to send a 2-byte-segment. I know we can fix this in lwIP, too, but there might be other embedded stacks having a problem with this?

Simon