lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] TCP problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] TCP problem
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:28:17 +0200

> Is it worth adding a check like other checks that are in lwip_init?

Up to 1.3.0, it seems to have been working with WND == MSS. And although this
is not a good idea regarding performance, there are applications where it makes
sense, e.g. if your system is too slow to receive two segments in a row without
a big gap in between. So adding a check including #error might be annoying in
this case.

However, I a) don't know if other TCP stacks handle this well (problems with
remote peers may arise) and b) I guess WND < MSS might not work at all, so at
least checking this in lwip_init might be a good idea.

After all, I'm still not sure that the change in behaviour seen from 1.3.0 to
1.3.1 (can be seen quite good in Jan's wireshark dump) is OK (unless it can be
turned off by setting the window update threshold to zero).

Simon