lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Freeing memory after http transfer

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Freeing memory after http transfer
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:28:13 +0100

<address@hidden> wrote:
> [..]
> I'm not sure if the http_sent of version 1.3.0 is correct. It tries to
> close the connection before all data is ACKed.

Closing the connection before all data is ACKed should be OK: closing is only
enqueueing a FIN segment, which will get ACKed, too. The trick is to not reset
the sent callback to get informed of ACKs after calling tcp_close() and then
freeing data.

> I had a short look at the actual CVS and I think it may have the same
> problems. You may want to check this.

I'll do that. However, the httpd in CVS is not up-to-date to what I have...

Simon