lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Question
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:18:11 +0100

pragnesh patel wrote:
I am a new user of LWIP and have few questions,

1) I am using web demo example for EVK1100 from ATMEL, which uses sequential API for web connection. This runs as one thread on freeRTOS

2) I have another task running on separate system thread for TELNET server, where I used Socket API. This runs as separate thread on freeRTOS.

3) Telnet runs fine, but web stops in netconn_accept() at first assertion. If I remove Telnet, web runs ok.

4) Can lwip core functions able to handle multiple call from different context?

That depends on what you mean by "lwip core": in our "language", "core" means the code below "lwip/src/core". For these, Kieran's answer ("no") is correct: multithreading is not supported at that level.

However, from your post, (and from guessing you are not familiar with that definition of "core"), I you might rather mean "can lwIP handle multiple sequential- or socket-API connections at a time?". This question has to be answered with "yes". There should be no limitiation to run a (socket) telnet server together with any other sequential or socket API program (as long as every connection is used from one thread only, but that's a different story).

If it doesn't work for you, there's either something wrong with your port (the adaption layer between lwIP, freeRTOS and your hardware) or (maybe more likely) the configuration options in your lwipopts.h limit the available resources.

Since your question is rather port-dependent, it might be better off in a lwip-freertos-related mailing group than here (although there are some people using freertos here, too).

Simon

Thanks
Pragnesh