lwip-users

[lwip-users] Sockopt SND_TIMEO

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: [lwip-users] Sockopt SND_TIMEO
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:37:23 +0100

Hey list,

I am in the position where I would need SOCKET_SO_SNDTIMEO to have Send() at least return after a while when e.g. I unplugged the cable.
Now, I understand that sockopt is unimplemented in LwIP.

Could I achieve a similar behavior using sys_timeout()?
Creating a timeout before calling netconn_write()/_send() and when the timer runs out, have a callback that leaves op_completed for that conn, probably with api_callback so it is executed in stack-context?
When send was sucessful, I'd call sys_untimeout() and be done with it.

Is that feasable in any way or too much fiddling around with internal states of the stack?

regards,
Fabian