lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Sockopt SND_TIMEO

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Sockopt SND_TIMEO
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 21:28:20 +0100

Fabian Koch wrote:
So in short:

1) create a timestamp in do_write() via sys_now() and save it in msg->conn->write_timestamp
2) at the beginning of do_writemore() get a current timestamp via sys_now() and compare it to msg->conn->write_timestamp
Maybe at the end is better: trying to call tcp_write() one more time won't hurt your timing constraints: the poll function is not called very frequently after all.
3) if the difference is greater than conn->pcb.tcp->snd_timeo then clear write_msg,_offset and state and signal op_complete (with ERR_* set)
4) have a reasonable default value for conn->pcb.tcp->snd_timeo in the area of 10-30 sec.?
[5) add the parsing of SOCKET_SO_SNDTIMEO to the socket API. I might not do that because I don't use that API]
I guess that's about it, although you can never be sure... I'd try to code it like that and test it.
Would that be okay with you guys and are there plans to release another 1.3.x Version before 1.4.0?
I'm pretty sure there won't be such thing. Anyway, what's in a number? No matter what we call it, 1.3.x or 1.4.0, there are currently many changes pending (and being implemented, as you might have noticed) and as such, the next release has the potential to be less stable than 1.3.2 (since it contains more new code) - unless people thoroughly test the release candidates, of course!
As I said before, we treat LwIP as an external Blob of Software that we don't change, so I'd need my own Patch included in an official Version "soon".
Hmm, I understand that, but if you want to ship a product with it "soon", I guess you might be better off staying with 1.3.2, since there is no such thing as a time schedule at lwIP :-(

Simon