lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] http server and pbuf overflow

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] http server and pbuf overflow
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:10:11 +0100

I think I tracked the problem down. I had this situation several times:
(R = remote; L = LWIP)
1: R -> L  Syn
2: L -> R  Ack, Syn
3: R -> L  Ack          (probably missed)
4: R -> L  POST Data    (probably missed)
n: R -> L  Fin, Ack

After line 1 and 2 pcb->state should be SYN_SENT. I assume line 3 and 4 are missed. The next received packet is line n (Fin, Ack), so tcp_process does a tcp_rst. But the pbuf that contains line n is never freed!

I think tcp_process should return an error to free pbuf.

Please correct me when I'm wrong.

Gustl